Making the best of a "Do-Over"

Have a project that went south after much time and effort?

Making the best of a "Do-Over"

Postby gminor » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:16 am

Most anyone who's ever been tagged by family or friends as "creative" has at some point experienced the painful disappointment of a project gone bad after much time and effort. While we're inclined to come to terms with the ugly truth laying before us by lifting the lid on the trash bin and telling ourselves the project never happened, we eventually come around with renewed inspiration and apply the hard earned experience to a new project with new optimism. The Do Over's forum is an opportunity to recover yet more value from a project gone bad by sharing what we've learned and hopefully sparing someone else a similar fate with their new project. There's also something to be said for rethinking what may have gone wrong with past creative efforts in the course of developing new and better ideas.

Before pitching that less-than-successful aquatic or semi-aquatic background in the trash, please consider posting a few notes on products and processes used to share with the community. A photo or two would also be welcomed to emphasize to others a creative path not to take. Community members who've experienced similar problems may have already found a solution they're happy to share.
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:39 pm
Location: Lawrence, Kansas

Re: Making the best of a "Do-Over"

Postby bmblair » Fri May 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Something I found with my first background build was that when applying silicone, instead of just beading the silicone on, take a scrap piece of foam and use it like a knife to spread it. This creates a thinner layer that won't spread the pieces apart, and also allows for a more consistent spread of silicone. Or at least that's how it seemed to me.
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Return to Do Over's

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest